Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Immunity

Mother's Day Out has done wonderful things for both my wife and the twins. It provides a much needed break for the wife every week and allows her some time to decompress. Ella has really come out of her shell and is not nearly as clingy as she used to be. And Jack has been exposed to every germ and virus on the planet.

He currently has strep throat accompanied by a rash over his entire body which he brought home from Mother's Day Out. People say that it is helpful to expose your children to illness in order to strengthen their immune systems. Well, at this rate, the twins should be approaching total germ immunity in a couple of years. Here's a partial list of illnesses the twins have contracted and beaten off since starting Mother's Day Out:

Colds, Flu, Strep Throat, Pneumonia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Polio, Whooping Cough, Smallpox, Consumption, and Syphilis. OK, so I made a couple of those things up. But seriously, it seems like a new illness every week. I think they should change the name from Mother's Day Out to something more honest, like, Festering Cesspool of Germs and Viruses for Children.

2 comments:

Sassy Molassy said...

We had that same experience with MDO. Somerset brought the gift of Rotavirus to the whole family from there, and I decided that was enough of that. For some reason regular daycare/preschool is not nearly as bad. I think it's something about different groups of kids being there on different days.

JodieMo said...

you know I love you.

I love your blog so I'm gave you a Lemonade Blog Award! Please go to my blog for details!
www.getonthegravytrain.blogspot.com